Shop with Confidence
1 year factory warranty
5 years on select products
Free shipping for
all U.S. orders
Got a question before you order?
Call us at 888-316-1462
Get crystal clear communication in any environment with the MIRA Safety Gas Mask Microphone. It’s engineered to replace the existing exhalation valve cover of your MIRA Safety gas mask, an upgrade that can be installed in seconds without tools. This 2-pin microphone offers integrated noise-canceling functionality with no additional power needed.
Key Benefits of MIRA Safety Gas Mask Microphone
- Noise-canceling, dynamic, moving-coil microphone in a tough polymer housing
- 2-pin NEXUS U-173/U connector for compatibility with Peltor and Ops-Core headsets
- Replaces your existing gas mask exhalation valve cover for quick and easy installation (no expert installation needed)
- Heavy-duty polymer construction with durable retaining ring
- Serviceable, with parts available in case of damage
- Optimized for all-weather use (-33°C to +77°C) in any environment
- Pivoting cable allows for easy ambidextrous alignment
- Engineered to meet MIL-STD-461G and MIL-STD-810G
- Provides an average of over 30,000 hours of use
- IP67-rated for protection against dust, water, and oil
- Can be fully submerged in up to 3 feet of water for ½ hour (not recommended)
- Weighs less than two ounces (2 oz.), including the cable
- Made in the Czech Republic
MIRA Safety gas masks come with enhanced speech diaphragms that allow for improved communication over shorter distances. But talking through a gas mask is never easy. Especially if you’re not right next to each other or you’re dealing with any noise, weather, or other distractions.
The MIRA Safety Gas Mask Microphone is cross-compatible with all adult-sized MIRA Safety gas masks, making it easy to swap between masks for different types of missions.
Installation takes just a few seconds, and you’re ready to connect to your existing communication system. Just like a standard headset, the microphone requires no additional power, and it has an average life expectancy of 30,000 hours.
Gas mask microphones are a relatively minor upgrade that can make a massive difference while using your mask. Communicating via hand signals is difficult in the best situation, and it’s impossible if you’re holding a rifle or riot shield. Having the ability to plug into your existing comms helps you stay better informed and make better decisions when they matter most.
Gas Mask Microphone Technical Data:
|Type:||Noise cancelling, Dynamic, Moving Coil|
|Output Impedance (1kHz):||150Ω ± 10%|
|Real Output Level (at usual voice level):||3.5mV rms ± 10%|
|Harmonic Distortion:||max. 5% over a bandwidth of 315 Hz to 4000 Hz|
|Frequency Response (94 dB SPL, 1/1 octave bands):||500 Hz||-5 ± 3 dB|
|2000 Hz||0 ± 3 dB|
|4000 Hz||2 ± 3 dB|
|Environmental & Other Data|
|Weight (including cable):||50g ± 10%|
|Cable Connector Type:||NEXUS U-173/U|
|Cable Connector Pinout:||1 - Microphone Signal (MIC +)|
|2 - Microphone Signal (MIC -)|
|Cable Length:||400mm 150Ω ± 5%|
|Cable Strength:||20 N / 20 S|
|Operating Temperature:||(-33 to +71) °C|
Approved according to PPE directive 89/686/EEC and EMC directive 89/336/EEC
|EMC / EMI:||Designed in accordance with MIL-STD-461G|
|Environmental:||Designed in accordance with MIL-STD-810G|
|CBRN:||Designed in accordance with ČSN EN 140|
|Ingress Protection (IEC standard 60529):||IP67|
|Flame Retardant Properties (UL 94):||min. level V2|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF):||>30,000 hours|
IMPORTANT NOTE: This gas mask microphone is ONLY compatible with MIRA Safety respirators. This includes the CM-6M, CM-7M, CM-8M, and the TAPR.
STORAGE: The gas mask microphone is designed to be stored with your CM-6M or CM-7M gas mask. See storage guidance for those masks.