- Noise-canceling, dynamic, moving-coil microphone in a tough polymer housing
- Available in a 2-pin NEXUS U-173/U connector for compatibility with Peltor and Ops-Core headsets, or 3.5mm version which is compatible with the VPU-1
- Replaces your existing gas mask exhalation valve cover for quick and easy installation (no expert installation needed)
- Heavy-duty polymer construction with durable retaining ring
- Serviceable, with parts available in case of damage
- Optimized for all-weather use (-33°C to +77°C) in any environment
- Pivoting cable allows for easy ambidextrous alignment
- Engineered to meet MIL-STD-461G and MIL-STD-810G
- Provides an average of over 30,000 hours of use
- IP67-rated for protection against dust, water, and oil
- Can be fully submerged in up to 3 feet of water for ½ hour (not recommended)
- Weighs less than two ounces (2 oz.), including the cable
- Made in the Czech Republic
MIRA Safety gas masks come with enhanced speech diaphragms that allow for improved communication over shorter distances. But talking through a gas mask is never easy. Especially if you’re not right next to each other or you’re dealing with any noise, weather, or other distractions.
The MIRA Safety Gas Mask Microphone is cross-compatible with all adult-sized MIRA Safety gas masks, making it easy to swap between masks for different types of missions.
Installation takes just a few seconds, and you’re ready to connect to your existing communication system. Just like a standard headset, the microphone requires no additional power, and it has an average life expectancy of 30,000 hours.
Gas mask microphones are a relatively minor upgrade that can make a massive difference while using your mask. Communicating via hand signals is difficult in the best situation, and it’s impossible if you’re holding a rifle or riot shield. Having the ability to plug into your existing comms helps you stay better informed and make better decisions when they matter most.