Shop with Confidence
1 year factory warranty
5 years on select products
Free shipping for
all U.S. orders
Got a question before you order?
Call us at 888-316-1462
Potassium Iodide tablets are a potentially life-saving solution for exposure to radioactive iodine (I-131) in the aftermath of a nuclear accident or explosion.
These tablets work by flooding your body with safe iodine to prevent the absorption and accumulation of radioactive iodine. Radioactive iodine can otherwise lead to an increased risk of thyroid cancer—and your thyroid gland is crucial for managing everything from your nervous system to your heart rate.
These tablets will be the first thing you reach for in the aftermath of a nuclear disaster.
Key Features of Potassium Iodide Tablets:
- Each tablet contains 65mg of Potassium Iodide
- Tablets can easily be split to manage dosing for both children and adults
- Each container comes with 60 tablets, or 30 adult doses (60 for children)
- Metered dose with minimal risk of side effects or discomfort
- 10-year shelf life for long-lasting reliability
Technical Details of Potassium Iodide Tablets
Radioactive iodine (I-131) is a significant component in the fallout produced by nuclear accidents, detonations, or reactor meltdowns.
Once ingested or inhaled, I-131 accumulates in the body’s thyroid gland—where it can cause mutation and, eventually, thyroid cancer. Potassium Iodide tablets are a proactive solution to protect yourself from I-131 by preventing absorption in the first place.
Tablets should be taken immediately upon finding out you’re at risk of potential exposure. Each dose provides 24 hours of protection, and each bottle contains 60 x 65mg tablets (dosing instructions below).
Since nearly two-thirds of Americans live within 50 miles of an active nuclear reactor, MIRA Safety recommends Potassium Iodide tablets for every household. Thyroid protection is vital for younger family members.
NOTE: The risk of developing thyroid cancer from I-131 exposure reduces with age, while the likelihood of experiencing side effects increases. Exercise caution if taking these supplements over the age of 40.
- Newborns (up to 1 month old) should receive ¼ tablet (16mg) per day
- Infants (between 1 month and three years) should receive ½ tablet (32mg) per day
- Children (between 3 and 18 years, up to 150lbs) should receive one tablet (65mg) per day
- Adults (age 18+) should receive two tablets per day
NOTE: Each dose lasts 24 hours. MIRA Safety recommends having at least a one-month supply for each family member.
Fortunately, I have not had the "chance" to try it out. But having the tablets in to the drawer is giving me the feeling that I and my family is safe.
I got it for back up. And I will be buying more. Thank you so much.
I feel confident that these will protect me from radiation issues. Great price, quick shipping.
Didn’t receive item was stolen from porch. I can guarantee it was fine. Watch those porch Pirates!!!
Fast shipper and the price wasn't bad.